What You Will Need
To register online, you will need your date of birth and one of the following forms of identification:
A current and valid Driver’s License or a non-driver Identification Card (ID card) issued by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC)
Your information will be provided to the MVC to validate identification, and to retrieve a copy of your digitized signature.
A Social Security number
To use your social security number, you must have the ability to sign on-screen or upload your signature to complete the registration process. If you are unable to provide a digital signature, you can not register online. Click here to download the voter registration application for your county.
The registration deadline to vote in the next election is 21 days prior to the election day.
For local information please visit http://www.ocnj.us/election/ to keep updated on dates, local results, and polling information.
A voter may apply for a Mail-In Ballot by mail up to 7 days prior to election.
If you need to do a mail in a ballot vote, here is the form to request for one: https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/assets/pdf/forms-vote-by-mail/vote-mail-ballot-cape-may-english.pdf
Cape May County Clerk - Current Clerk - Rita Marie Fulginiti
CAPE MAY COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE
7 N MAIN ST
PO BOX 5000
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE NJ 08210-5000
Special Hours on Saturday prior to each election 9:00am –1:00pm, call for confirmation.
Phone (609)465-1013 or 1014 Fax (609) 463-0966 or (609) 465-8625
For all your New Jersey information needs about voting, election dates, and updated information
What do I have to bring with me?
You must show identification at the polling place when you go to vote. Identification may include, but not limited to, any current and valid photo ID:
• Cape May County Clerk’s Office, 7 North Main Street, Cape May Court House
• Cape May County Public Works Building, 536 Woodbine-Ocean View Road, Oceanview
• Cape May Municipal Hall, 643 Washington Street, Cape May
• Lower Township Municipal Hall, 2600 Bayshore Road, Villas
• Lower Township Public Safety Building (court entrance) in the Cape May County Airport Complex, Erma
• Martin Luther King Center, 207 W Main St, Whitesboro
• Ocean City Municipal Hall, 861 Asbury Avenue, Ocean City
• Sea Isle City Branch Cape May County Library, 4800 Central Avenue, Sea Isle
• Stone Harbor Branch Cape May County Library, 9516 2nd Avenue, Stone Harbor
• Upper Township Municipal Hall, 2100 Tuckahoe Road, Petersburg
• Wildwood Municipal Hall, 4400 New Jersey Ave, Wildwood
You can track the progress of your ballot.