Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reading Group Choices
A Book Club planner's wonderland!
This site has it all: Read-Alikes, Find a Book, Authors (Biographies, Interviews, Pronunciation Guides!!), Reading Guides, general advice and more!
A good way to keep track of what you've read, and what you want to read next.
Lit Lovers-A well-read online community
A fabulous source for advice on running book clubs. Be sure to check out their "FREE Online LitCourses."
Find a Good Book!
Not sure what to read next? What about for the rest of the week, month, or year? We have you covered! Check out these books:
Start a book club today! Ask your friends, family & community organizations if they are interested in participating. The following questions are suggestions for individuals contemplating begining a book club:
- What's the ideal size of the group?
- If you need to recruit members, how will you extend invitations?
- What requirements do you have for membership?
- What types of books will you read?
- Will you focus your reading to specific topics or genres?
- How will you choose which books to read?
- How far ahead will you plan?
- How will members obtain copies of books?
- Where will you meet?
- How often?
- Will you meet in the same location each time or rotate your meeting locations?
- How long will meetings last?
- Will refreshments be provided?
- By whom?
- What time will be designated specifically for socializing?
- How will each discussion be lead?
- Will you designate a leader?
- Who is responsible for providing author information and giving an introduction to the group's discussion?
- What ground rules should be established?
- Can members who haven't read the book attend?
- Will guest speakers be invited?