Start a book club today! Ask your friends, family & community organizations if they are interested in participating. The following questions are suggestions for individuals contemplating begining a book club:
- What's the ideal size of the group?
- If you need to recruit members, how will you extend invitations?
- What requirements do you have for membership?
- What types of books will you read?
- Will you focus your reading to specific topics or genres?
- How will you choose which books to read?
- How far ahead will you plan?
- How will members obtain copies of books?
- Where will you meet?
- How often?
- Will you meet in the same location each time or rotate your meeting locations?
- How long will meetings last?
- Will refreshments be provided?
- By whom?
- What time will be designated specifically for socializing?
- How will each discussion be lead?
- Will you designate a leader?
- Who is responsible for providing author information and giving an introduction to the group's discussion?
- What ground rules should be established?
- Can members who haven't read the book attend?
- Will guest speakers be invited?